[Haskell-cafe] Become a GHC build slave!

dgriffi3 at uiuc.edu dgriffi3 at uiuc.edu
Fri Feb 2 14:50:57 EST 2007

On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 04:37:41PM +0000, Simon Marlow wrote:
>Thanks largely to Ian Lynagh, GHC now has a BuildBot infrastructure to
>automate nightly builds on multiple platforms.  This replaces the old set
>of shell scripts that we used to run nightly builds; now adding new clients
>to the setup is relatively easy, instructions are here:
>
>   http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/BuildBot
>
>So far we have various Windows builds running, and I'll be moving over the
>existing Linux nightly builds in due course.
>
>If you have a spare machine or a machine that is idle overnight, and you'd
>like to use it to run automated GHC builds, then please take a look at the
>above page for how to get started.  We especially need platforms that we
>don't use regularly (i.e. not Windows or Linux/x86/x86_64).
>
>Cheers,
>	Simon

Here at ACM at UIUC we have the following that we could use:
AIX on PPC
Linux on PPC
Mac OSX on PPC
Mac OSX on x86
OpenVMS on Alpha
Solaris on Sparc

If needed we could also set up the following:
Solaris on x86
BeOS on BeBox
IRIX on MIPS
Linux on Sparc
something on Itanium (Preproduciton-caliber Float support)

Also if you would like different version of windows we have:
2003 sever
Vista

--
Dennis Griffith, ACM at UIUC Treasurer