[Haskell-cafe] "Circular" programming (aka time-travel) resources?

Wouter Swierstra wss at cs.nott.ac.uk
Thu Feb 1 15:09:49 EST 2007

Hi Justin,

> In "The Monad.Reader - Issue 6", that just came out, there is a really
> interesting article that uses a "circular" technique to implement an
> assembly language in Haskell. The technique demonstrated seems
> fascinating. Can someone point me to more resources on the topic?

I believe the classical reference is:

Richard Bird: Using Circular Programs to Eliminate Multiple
Traversals of Data.
(http://www.springerlink.com/content/g74174vvl1861605/)

There are a few more recent wiki pages worth checking out:

http://www.haskell.org/hawiki/CircularProgramming

and the more recent

http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Circular_programming

Hope this helps,