[Haskell-cafe] Connected!

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 08:57:19 EST 2007

Hello Joel,

> What part of Russia do you live in?

Tatarstan. we make Kamaz here :)  if you are interested, such
situation is very common for Russia - except for Moscow and a few
other largest cities, internet costs are very high.

you will stop wondering if i say that son of Tatarstan's chief - the
richest man in Tatarstan. and he is not a genius - he just own the
biggest independent Tatarstan Internet provider, his wealth built
from those crazy rates. other businessmen that want to become
providers, just don't got appropriate licenses from his father

and this situation isn't unique. richest woman in Russia is a wife of
Moscow mayor. she build houses in Moscow. you may guess that other
builders just don't got licenses/land for their work. as a result,
Moscow has highest cost of floor space in the world

so Moscow has cheap internet and expensive apartments, and we - vice
versa :)  btw, all the underdeveloped countries has the same situation
with corruption - and this is one of reasons why they are underdeveloped ;)

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com