[Haskell-cafe] Web server (Was: Basic question concerning data constructors)

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Sun Dec 30 17:31:28 EST 2007

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007, Joost Behrends wrote:

> A similar point: The tutorials teach, that "=" has a similar meaning than "=" in
> mathematics. But there is a big difference: it is not reflexive. The
> the right side is the definition of the left. Thus "x=y" has still some kind of
> temporality, which mathematics doesn't have. Wadler himself describes bunches
> of lazily computed equations as "dataflows" somewhere.

The distinction between '=' and '==' is much like in C, although mixing
them up is not so dangerous like in C. ':=' and '=' like in Wirth
languages would be nicer.

> For adapting hws (one of the reasons for me to be here, not many languages have
> a native web server) to Windows i must work on time.

Several people have adapted and further developed HWS:
  http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Applications_and_libraries/Web_programming#Web_servers

  http://darcs.haskell.org/hws/
  http://www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~thiemann/WASH/ (WSP)

There is also a mailing list dedicated to Haskell and Web development: