[Haskell-cafe] easy cabal tasks

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Sun Dec 30 07:09:50 EST 2007

People are often unsure about where they can help out with Cabal. One
thing we can do to make that easier is to point out smaller simpler
tasks that people might like to have a go at.

We have a list of tasks that are marked as easy or very easy:

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/report/13

This list is also linked from the hackage trac web page ("Easy tickets")

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/

For people reporting bugs and working with the hackage/cabal trac, look
out for tasks that you think could be done by a new or relatively new
contributor and mark the bug's difficulty appropriately. Please also
give plenty of detail on what the solution should involve and pointers
to other documentation as appropriate.

Duncan