[Haskell-cafe] Re: Wikipedia on first-class object

Miguel Mitrofanov miguelimo38 at yandex.ru
Sat Dec 29 17:18:58 EST 2007

> and we already know beautiful examples of scientists being wrong in
> their assumptions. to be exact, the whole history of science is
> history
> of replacing old wrong assumptions with new ones. even most well-known
> "laws" of Newtonian physics become obsolete just 300 years later

That's completely wrong (sorry, I know, I was going to stop). Newton
laws are definitely not obsolete - the only thing that happened to
them is that bounds of their applicability area were refined.
Moreover, there is no scientific theory that was obsoleted by
something new - AFAIK even flogiston theory is still here.