[Haskell-cafe] Re: Wikipedia on first-class object

jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr
Sat Dec 29 16:44:29 EST 2007

Bulat Ziganshin writes:

> why computers are never placed in prison?

But they do!

One of my students last year was a convict, living quite permanently in the
Centre Pénitencier de Caen [I am *serious*.] For his 'Licence' project he
needed a reasonable computer, and our department agreed to lend him one.
We have chosen a really nasty, impolite computer, and we sent it to prison.
Some time ago, it was pardoned, but unfortunately, the student is still
there... (He will do his Master diploma, so it is possible that we send
another computer to jail.)

Now, Bulat, if you try to tell me that this was not what you meant, I will
be shocked.

Jerzy Karczmarczuk