[Haskell-cafe] Re: Wikipedia on first-class object

jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr
Sat Dec 29 16:33:31 EST 2007

Jonathan Cast:

> Miguel Mitrofanov wrote:
>> Just for the record: I don't think your computer is able to compute
>> 2^(2^30).
>
> Certainly not at the moment (not with memory loads the way they are  now).

Oh, you know, there are always some ways to increase the work efficiency.
For example, a long time ago, in Soviet Union, they discovered that one
guy, Stakhanov, worked 24 hours per day. And could participate in the
Party meetings.

So, they asked him: "Comrade, how can you do that?!" And he answered:
"It is very simple, I just get up one hour earlier".

So, switch your computer earlier, and you will be able to compute
2^2^2^2^2^2^2^2^2^2^2^2^2^2^2^2^2^2^2^2^2^2^2^  (right assoc.) as well.

Jerzy Karczmarczuk