[Haskell-cafe] Re: Wikipedia on first-class object

Peter Verswyvelen bf3 at telenet.be
Sat Dec 29 15:12:44 EST 2007

>> > The only thing that computers can do that humans can't is to work
>> > without getting bored.

It's always interesting to compare computers and humans, especially computer
scientist seem to do that :)

But since it seems that plants use some kind of quantum coherence just to do
photosynthesis (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photosynthesis#Quantum_mechanical_effects), I
would not be surprised that our human brain also uses some clever (quantum?)
tricks to achieve what it does, tricks which might not be simulated by a
regular computer, no matter how fast it runs. But didn't Gödel "proved" that
already somehow with its incompleteness theory? Nah I'm just mixing up
things here ;)

Okay, enough of that, I'm getting seriously off topic here, and I don't know
at all what quantum coherence is, it just sounds cool ;-)

Cheers,
Peter