[Haskell-cafe] Re: Wikipedia on first-class object

Jonathan Cast jonathanccast at fastmail.fm
Sat Dec 29 14:42:10 EST 2007

On 29 Dec 2007, at 11:40 AM, Achim Schneider wrote:

> Andrew Coppin <andrewcoppin at btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>> Interesting... So you're claiming that humans have powers of
>> deduction beyond what computers possess? ;-)
>>
> They would be programming us if otherwise, wouldn't they?

I don't know...

I'm probably more religious than most people on this list, but I
think humans are capable of duplicating anything found in nature,
including eventually ourselves; the only question is whether with
computers we've succeeded in doing so for the entire /deterministic/
portion of our minds.  I'm rather inclined to think we have.

jcc