[Haskell-cafe] Wikipedia on first-class object

Cristian Baboi cristi at ot.onrc.ro
Fri Dec 28 01:49:14 EST 2007

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 18:19:47 +0200, Wolfgang Jeltsch
<g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org> wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 27. Dezember 2007 16:34 schrieb Cristian Baboi:
>> I'll have to trust you, because I cannot test it.
>>
>> let x=(1:x); y=(1:y) in x==y .
>>
>> I also cannot test this:
>>
>> let x=(1:x); y=1:1:y in x==y
>
> In these examples, x and y denote the same value but the result of x ==
> y is
> _|_ (undefined) in both cases.  So (==) is not really equality in
> Haskell but
> a kind of weak equality: If x doesn’t equal y, x == y is False, but if x
> equals y, x == y might be True or undefined.

Thank you.

I can only notice that y always has an even number of 1, which is not the
case for x :-)

________ Information from NOD32 ________
This message was checked by NOD32 Antivirus System for Linux Mail Servers.
  part000.txt - is OK
http://www.eset.com