[Haskell-cafe] Re: Printing and Referential transparency excuse

Chaddaï Fouché chaddai.fouche at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 08:39:57 EST 2007

2007/12/24, Cristian Baboi <cristian.baboi at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 11:27:11 +0200, apfelmus <apfelmus at quantentunnel.de>
> wrote:
>
> > Cristian Baboi wrote:
>
> >>  How can I define a function to do the inverse operation ?
> >>   g :: String -> ( a -> b )
> >>  This time I cannot see how referential transparency will deny it.
> >> What's the excuse now ?

It seems to me that "referential transparency" as well as "the
executable don't embed it's source" aren't simple excuses, though you
don't seem to understand that Haskell isn't an interpreted language...

Similarly, the languages that offer an "eval()" as it is mostly called
are always interpreted, most other languages push this capability (if
they have it at all) on libraries, in Haskell you can try to use
hs-plugins for example.

--
Jedaï