[Haskell-cafe] Re: Importing Data.Char speeds up ghc around 70%

Sterling Clover s.clover at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 16:40:00 EST 2007

I'm curious if you get the same performance difference importing
GHC.Listinstead of
Data.Char? I chased some dependencies, and Data.Char imports GHC.Arr, which
in turn imports GHC.List, which provides a bunch of fusion rules pragmas
that would probably optimize your (++) usage. If this is the case, not sure
if its a bug or not, but all this will have to be thought through as more
stream fusion is rolled out anyway, I suspect?
--S