[Haskell-cafe] upgrading regex in GHC 6.8.2

Alex Jacobson alex at alexjacobson.com
Fri Dec 21 01:08:38 EST 2007

Searchpath already does recursive module chasing accross the internet.
If your module is available at a url in an unpacked module hierarchy or
in a tgz file or if it is exposed in a darcs/svn/cvs etc repo,
searchpath can retrieve it and put it on your local import path.

The main limitations on using searchpath are that the packages you need
may not yet have been added to the searchpath directory and it does not
currently run cabal so if the module you import need some interesting
build process you will need to handle them manually.

The directory issue could be solved if someone were to write a small
patch to hackage so that it exposes the database in the correct format.
  The cabal issue I think requires only a small modification to the
searchpath code but I don't know cabal well enough to do it....

-Alex-