[Haskell-cafe] Knowledge

jlw501 jlw501 at cs.york.ac.uk
Wed Dec 19 17:02:09 EST 2007

Just to clarify, this is a little gag almost. It just demonstrates the
problem of understanding knowledge as discussed by philosophers. perfectcomm
is undefined as it is unknown if you can perfectly pass on your intention to
another person. Likewise, it is unknown if you can express your subconscious
mind in reason to yourself, hence knowself being undefined. The function
then just slots these in on the cases of:

no one knowing it,
some knowing nothing,
no one knowing nothing,
one knowing it - I had to chuck that one in as a special case... it was
argued it was redundant, but the behavior changes without it, try setting
knowself to true, then allKnow [1,1] "a truth" ( equivalent in semantics to
allKnow [1] "a truth") should be true, but without that line it is false.
Can anyone explain?
and finally the important one (at least for those who are unfortunate enough
to work in KM), some knowing it.

Sorry, if I've messed with your heads, it's just I've been into Haskell for
a month and though I'd join (what seems to be) the forum and post something
quirky.

=)