[Haskell-cafe] DSL question -- was: New slogan for haskell.org

Steve Lihn stevelihn at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 13:03:20 EST 2007

Thanks for the explanation on DSL. It helped me understand how Haskell
works compared to other popular languages out there. It is a
programming methodology change. Or what is called paradigm change on
how to design a software with Haskell.

Haskell has its general-purpose features. Yet its strength is the
ability and ease of defining DSL by utilizing the higher order
\"stuff\" (like type class, composite function, monads, and arrows),
which to say the least, can be quite abstract and challenging.

I do come aross a question while reading the DSL page on Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain-specific_programming_language

In the Disadvantage section (near the end), there is an item -- hard
or impossible to debug. Can anybody explain why or what it means? And
how does it apply to Haskell?

-- steve