[Haskell-cafe] Re: New to Haskell: The End

Joost Behrends joost at h-labahn.de
Tue Dec 18 11:48:58 EST 2007

Henning Thielemann <lemming <at> henning-thielemann.de> writes:

> > - it is "lazy with class"
> > - it is strongly typed
> > - it has automatic memory management
> > - it has a standard library
> > - it has a compiler
> > - it is available on several platforms
> > - it has a community
> > - it is free

There MUST be at least two adjectives added:

it has a FAST compiler (compare to MzScheme for example)
it is strongly and PARAMETRICALLY typed

And perhaps

it has MONADS

I am learning Haskell 3 weeks now and have the common difficulties to understand
them, but at the first sight this seems an extremely flexible and nevertheless
clean solution to the problem. And it doesn't stop at monads, there are comonads
and arrows too. And all this very actively and countiuously revised and
developed further.