[Haskell-cafe] OOP'er with (hopefully) trivial questions.....

Evan Laforge qdunkan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 14:57:11 EST 2007

> I interpreted Evan's question as "why can't you have newtypes with
> multiple fields?" -- i.e., newtype X = X A B C -- and that's the
> question I was answering. But maybe I misunderstood.

Well, the question was both, and "strictness" answers both.  Thanks
for the clarification.  I should have realized that of course (,) is
an ADT just like all the rest.  I guess that means that 'data X = X Y
Z' is always preferable to 'newtype X = X (Y, Z)' since the latter is
just like the former but with some extra typing.