[Haskell-cafe] JOB OFFER / Haskell for commercial projects?

Bit Connor bit at mutantlemon.com
Sat Dec 15 15:52:09 EST 2007

On Dec 15, 2007 4:40 PM, Duncan Coutts <duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-12-15 at 14:29 +0100, Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > I think, there is some issue with the GMP library which is used for
> > implementing the Integer type and which is licensed under the GPL, AFAIK.
>
> It's the LGPL not the GPL. See http://gmplib.org/

When GHC compiles a haskell program, it seems to statically link in
libgmp. I don't believe that libgmp's license has a static linking
exception. Therefore it would seem that the resulting haskell program
must be distributed only under the terms of the LGPL(either providing
providing the full source of your haskell program, or providing your
object files).

Or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Bit