[Haskell-cafe] Re: New slogan for haskell.org

apfelmus apfelmus at quantentunnel.de
Sat Dec 15 10:00:42 EST 2007

Henning Thielemann wrote:
> apfelmus wrote:
>> gwern wrote:
>>> Now, the Main Page on haskell.org is not protected, so I could just edit
>>> in one of the better descriptions proposed, but as in my Wikipedia editing,
>>> I like to have consensus especially for such visible changes.
>> Hey, why has the front-page already been changed then? I don't like
>> neither this nor the new slogan.
> Edit war!!!!!

Yarr, bring up the guns! Y-rifle, fire!

Goodstein gun, fire!

     import Data.Tree

     type Number = Forest Integer

     zero = []; one = [Node 1 zero]; two = [Node 1 one]  -- (shortened)
     three = one++two; four = [Node 1 two]               -- base 2

     subtractOne p (Node 1 []:xs) = xs
     subtractOne p (Node a []:xs) = Node (a-1) []:xs
     subtractOne p (Node 1 k :xs) = let k' = subtractOne p k in
                                    subtractOne p [Node 1 k'] ++ Node
(p-1) k':xs
     subtractOne p (Node a k :xs) = subtractOne p [Node 1 k ] ++ Node
(a-1) k :xs

     goodstein !p n = if null n then [] else n:goodstein (p+1)
(subtractOne (p+1) n)
     goodsteingun n = concat $ "lamb":map (const "da") (goodstein 2 n)

  > goodsteingun three
  > goodsteingun four

Will it ever cease?