[Haskell-cafe] #haskell works

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Sat Dec 15 08:21:28 EST 2007

Felipe Lessa wrote:
> On Dec 15, 2007 10:15 AM, Andrew Coppin <andrewcoppin at btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>> I suppose I could try writing a nop program and timing it.
>>

> Like [1]?
>
> [1] http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/debian/benchmark.php?test=hello&lang=all

Right. Like that.

So now we have Don's timings for the Haskell program on his PC, Scott's
timings for the C program on his PC, and the shootout's timings for a
no-op Haskell program on their PC. I think what I need to do here is run
a set of timings all on the same PC! ;-)

I'll probably use my laptop. It has SuSE Linux, so it should also have a
C compiler. (Or if it doesn't, I can easily get one. But I'm pretty sure
GHC pulls it in as a dependency.)

While I'm here, can somebody tell me the correct command to get a time
and peak RAM usage printout for a program?