Re: [Haskell-cafe] Questions about the Functor class and it's use in "Data types à la carte"

Benja Fallenstein benja.fallenstein at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 21:47:38 EST 2007

On Dec 15, 2007 3:44 AM, Benja Fallenstein <benja.fallenstein at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmmm. Something about that ticks off my "don't play fast and loose
> with bottom" detector.

I should add that I do think you're correct if you ignore the
existence of bottom, and I'm pretty sure that you're correct if you
allow bottom but consider seq to be only slightly better than
unsafePerformIO. But I couldn't turn your proof sketch into something
that would completely convince me, myself :-)

- Benja