[Haskell-cafe] IO is a bad example for Monads

Lennart Augustsson lennart at augustsson.net
Tue Dec 11 15:58:17 EST 2007

And more power to those who are pursuing the vision!
But in the mean time I need to read and write files, start up external
programs, call Excel through FFI, etc, etc.
And there's no clever API for that yet, only IO.  And I'd rather do IO in
Haskell than in C++.

I share the vision, though.  I'm just not pursuing it at the moment.

  -- Lennart