[Haskell-cafe] regex package for yhc?

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Thu Dec 6 17:46:55 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 15:21 -0500, Thomas Hartman wrote:

> Is there a cabal equivalent for yhc?

One day we hope Cabal will support yhc. It currently supports ghc, hugs
and has partial support for nhc98 and jhc.

The main thing holding it back is dependency chasing in Cabal or the
lack thereof. Cabal relies on the build-in dep chasing in hugs, ghc
--make. It uses hmake for nhc98. We hope to replace this hodge-podge
with proper dependency chasing support in Cabal, that's also extend to
pre-processors etc. If anyone is interested in helping with this
project, subscribe to cabal-devel and get involved.

Duncan