[Haskell-cafe] Hoogle works once more

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Thu Dec 6 15:40:25 EST 2007

Neil Mitchell wrote:
> I've just finished updating Hoogle (http://haskell.org/hoogle/) to
> work with the latest GHC API, in particular all the base split that
> has occurred and the few functions that were added. It took rather
> longer than I would have liked, because of paper deadlines etc, but
> its now sufficiently automated that it should only take a few seconds
> next time the libraries move in new directions.

Brilliant news.  I've felt slightly crippled the last few weeks due to
ending up on 404 pages when using hoogle ;)

I also like the new logo... it is new, right?

> Whatever list is decided upon, it will only be for the near future.
> Once Hoogle 4 is finished, every library on Hackage will be searched
> as an equal.

This is great news.  I've always missed System.Posix and Network.BSD in
Hoogle.

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

What if I don't want to obey the laws? Do they throw me in jail with
the other bad monads?
     -- Daveman