[Haskell-cafe] Hoogle works once more

Denis Bueno dbueno at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 11:28:04 EST 2007

On Dec 6, 2007 10:50 AM, Neil Mitchell <ndmitchell at gmail.com> wrote:
> So now, if there is a function you are looking for in the core
> libraries which you can't find, tell me. Equally, if any of the
> documentation links lead to a 404, please do tell me.

Thanks for your work on Hoogle!  It is an extremely useful tool.

Not sure if this qualifies in any category above, but I just searched for:

    Monad m => m (m a) -> m a

And I couldn't find Control.Monad.join on any of the first 4 pages or
so of results.  If I search for join, of course, the first result is:

    Control.Monad.	join	:: Monad m => m (m a) -> m a

Is this a bug, or simply a known limitation?  If the latter, is there
a workaround, in case I happen not to know the name of join?

--
                              Denis