[Haskell-cafe] Re: Why is this strict in its arguments?

Paulo J. Matos pocm at soton.ac.uk
Wed Dec 5 08:09:02 EST 2007

I'm glad that my initial post generated such an interesting discussion
but I'm still not understanding why the first version of findAllPath
seems to be computing the whole list even when I just request the
head, while the second one doesn't. I thought that this was
denominated by "findAllPath is strict in its arguments" but it seems
that I haven't used the right terminology to explain what I really
wanted to understand.

Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at soton.ac.uk
http://www.personal.soton.ac.uk/pocm
PhD Student @ ECS