[Haskell-cafe] building HUnit and other packages on Windows cygwin...

Bayley, Alistair Alistair_Bayley at invescoperpetual.co.uk
Wed Dec 5 05:18:32 EST 2007

> From: haskell-cafe-bounces at haskell.org
> [mailto:haskell-cafe-bounces at haskell.org] On Behalf Of Galchin Vasili
>
>     I believe that HUnit has absolutely not other package
> dependencies. When I do a "runhaskell Setup.hs build", I get
> the following error message: gcc: installation problem, cannot
> exec `cc1': No such file or directory. I am not sure what
> "cc1" is? A pass/phase of the gnu gcc compiler?

Which version of ghc is it? There's a bug with ghc-6.8.1 and Cabal,
where you need to put gcc-lib in your path. It looks like that solution
might help you here, but I don't know what the cause of the problem is.

Yes, cc1 is the gnu c compiler, which is bundled with ghc in the gcc-lib
folder.

Alistair
Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this message,
and any attachments, may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. It is intended solely for the person(s) or entity to
which it is addressed. Any review, retransmission, dissemination,
or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s) is