[Haskell-cafe] A tale of three shootout entries

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Mon Dec 3 14:52:01 EST 2007

Don Stewart wrote:
> andrewcoppin:
>
>> "Now that GHC 6.6 is available, please you it"?
>>

> Looks like something broke in an edit. Feel free to correct it.

Oh well. ;-)

But then, the GHC wiki still says "The 6.8 branch is the current STABLE,
and we are in the 6.8.1 release candidate phase. We aim to release 6.8.1
around the beginning of October." I guess most people are busy writing
the "real" stuff rather than updating documentation.

>> Last time I looked at the shootout website, 6 of the GHC entries were
>> marked simply as "error". Do we know why, or am I missing something
>> obvious? (I find the site to be a little unintuitive at times...)
>>

> Sounds like you're looking at the wrong thing?
>
>     http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/gp4/benchmark.php?test=all&lang=ghc&lang2=ghc

Mmm, interesting. I was looking at

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/debian/benchmark.php?test=all&lang=ghc&lang2=ghc