[Haskell-cafe] who develops and maintains the Unix package?

Galchin Vasili vigalchin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 23:49:13 EST 2007

Hello,

         I am starting to get in the groove related to runhaskell  --
config/builds on top of cygwin (I haven't had time to carve up hard drive
and install Linux).

         In any case, I really want to get the Unix package to build on
cgywin (as advertised at
http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/unix-2.2.0.0).
When i do "runhaskell Setup.lhs configure"
 things seem to go fine, .log fine is clean, and pertinent cygwin include
files like times.h are found, but when i do a "runhaskell Setup.lhs build"
then the include files that are allegedly found during the configure
"probe" cannot be found. ????

     1) During the "runhaskell Setup.lhs build" step, what human readable
file
            is used and contains paths to the cygwin Posix include file
directories?   2) thatis foloowing is a better approach for me .. =>

     2) Somebody obviously put " (except under Cygwin)". Can you point at
who made this claim and why?

Kind regards, Vasya