[Haskell-cafe] cabal install of HDBC-odbc fails on ghc 6.7, -I flag causes problems

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Thu Aug 30 15:31:29 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-29 at 10:05 -0400, Thomas Hartman wrote:

> Ah ok, so I did
>
> echo ":main build -v3" | /usr/local/bin/ghci-6.7.20070816 Setup.hs
> 1>build.out 2>build.err
>
> and this does indeed seem more informative. advice?

Turns out this was a bug in FilePath that Cabal was hitting. The bug was
fixed some days ago in Cabal by not using the offending FilePath
function. Hopefully the FilePath function will also be fixed.

So the solution is to update your development version of Cabal to the
latest version.

Note that Cabal-1.1.6.x does not have this problem, only Cabal-1.1.7.

Duncan