[Haskell-cafe] Haskell on the Playstation 3? :-)

Tony Sloane asloane at ics.mq.edu.au
Wed Aug 29 21:14:37 EDT 2007

On 26/08/2007, at 10:07 AM, Jeremy Shaw wrote:

> There is also an old project to port nhc98 to PalmOS -- not sure if it
> is still active, or how far they got. AFAIK, nothing was ever
> released.

Yes, we were working on this at Macquarie Uni.  The project has
suffered a bit from a lack of resources.  A while back we shifted our
attention from nhc to yhc, since that seems to be a more likely base
for success.

We have a preliminary port of the yhc runtime which a student
developed.  It runs some simple programs on Palm OS, but it needs
work to be usable by others.  I expect to find time to devote to this
later in the year, although we will also be evaluating whether
putting effort into Palm OS is worth it any more, given its uncertain
future.

cheers,
Tony Sloane