[Haskell-cafe] Serial Communications in Haskell

Mitar mmitar at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 03:38:39 EDT 2007

Hi!

> Of course, I don't know how to call Windows API functions from Haskell,
> and I have no idea how to hook things to the IO library so that I can
> use a Handle for a serial port.  I'm looking for some advice on how to
> proceed.

You can check how I did this in my Lego Mindstorms NXT interface,
pre-beta version:

http://www.forzanka.si/files/NXT.tgz

It is for UNIX (POSIX?) systems but I had similar problems so I had to
use FFI (foreign function interface) to setup a link. You will
probably just have to replace that with Windows API calls. I hope.

Mitar