[Haskell-cafe] Hugs on Zaurus

Philippa Cowderoy flippa at flippac.org
Sun Aug 26 05:59:24 EDT 2007

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007, Ulrich Vollert wrote:

> I compiled Hugs for my Sharp Zaurus SL-C3200 (http://www.trisoft.de)
> which is a PDA with an ARM processor.

Any chance of a package or a HOWTO?

> So, it is possible to use graphics on the Zaurus, too. I didnt dare to
> port ghc or Yhc - which would be great to use on the Zaurus, too.

I've got GHC running under a Debian chroot using the existing ARM binaries
- it's painfully slow though, took 7 minutes to compile and link a 300
line interpreter. Needs swap if you're compiling anything of size, too.

flippa at flippac.org

"The reason for this is simple yet profound. Equations of the form
x = x are completely useless. All interesting equations are of the
form x = y." -- John C. Baez