[Haskell-cafe] Text.Xhtml.Strict

Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva marcotmarcot at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 18:31:00 EDT 2007

Hello there.

I don't know if it's off topic, but I don't know where else to ask.

I've been using Text.Xhtml.Strict, and I'm wondering why the functions
are mostly Html -> Html and not HTML a => a -> Html, or something
similar.  If they were like this, << and toHtml would be not needed,
what would make it simpler to call the functions with arguments that
are not Html.

The question is specific to this library, but I think it's a very
general one: isn't it better to have more generic functions with type
changing inside?  It seems to me that it would make things better from
the users point of view. What do you think?

Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva
Blog: http://marcotmarcot.blogspot.com/
Página: http://marcotmarcot.googlepages.com/
Correio, Jabber, GTalk, MSN: marcotmarcot at gmail.com