[Haskell-cafe] Text.Xhtml.Strict

Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva marcotmarcot at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 18:31:00 EDT 2007

Hello there.

I don't know if it's off topic, but I don't know where else to ask.

I've been using Text.Xhtml.Strict, and I'm wondering why the functions
are mostly Html -> Html and not HTML a => a -> Html, or something
similar.  If they were like this, << and toHtml would be not needed,
what would make it simpler to call the functions with arguments that
are not Html.

The question is specific to this library, but I think it's a very
general one: isn't it better to have more generic functions with type
changing inside?  It seems to me that it would make things better from
the users point of view. What do you think?

--
Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva
Blog: http://marcotmarcot.blogspot.com/
Correio, Jabber, GTalk, MSN: marcotmarcot at gmail.com