[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskellnet could not find network-any dependency.

Benjamin Franksen benjamin.franksen at bessy.de
Sat Aug 25 07:22:36 EDT 2007

Edward Ing wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to install Haskellnet. But the configuration breaks on
> dependency of network-any in GHC 6.6.
>
> I thought network-any was part of Hierarchical libraries?
>
> If not where do I get it?

The generic place for libraries nowadays is hackage:
http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/pkg-list.html where you find
http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/network-2.0

The 'Hierarchical Libraries' do not exist as such; all modern Haskell
libraries use the hierarchical module name extension for their exported
modules. There are, however, a certain number of libraries that are
regularly shipped together with Haskell implementations. All of them,
except those which work only together with a certain compiler/interpreter
version (e.g. 'base'), are avaiable from hackage.

BTW, it would be nice if hackage would list repository locations, too, if
available. The one for 'network' library is not mentioned on hackage; I
found one here: http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/network/

Cheers
Ben