[Haskell-cafe] help understanding lazy evaluation

Xavier Noria fxn at hashref.com
Thu Aug 23 04:00:00 EDT 2007

You people rock. Responses were really helpful and I understand how
the computation goes now.

I see I need to reprogram my eyes to expect lazy evaluation in places
where I am used to one-shot results. I see lazy evaluation is all
around in Haskell builtins.

 From a formal point of view how does this work? The specifications in

include the lazy aspect of the definitions albeit they do not require
that exact implementation, right?

On the other hand, where does Haskell 98 say == is lazy on lists?

-- fxn