[Haskell-cafe] GHC optimisations

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Aug 20 16:57:38 EDT 2007

GHC does some constant folding, but little by way of strength reduction, or using shifts instead of multiplication.  It's pretty easy to add more: it's all done in a single module.  Look at primOpRules in the module PrelRules.

Patches welcome!  But please also supply test-suite tests that check the correctness of the rules.

Simon