[Haskell-cafe] Parsing binary data.

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sat Aug 18 14:12:45 EDT 2007

>    As I am a newbie to Haskell, I am not sure how to handle this problem
>    with less work.  Do you have any ideas about this problem?
>    Thanks in advance!

Have a look at
http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Applications_and_libraries/Data_structures
section 3 (IO) -> http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Binary_IO

Of course you can just use most different parser libraries as well, because most
are not tight to one token type.. So you shouldn't have any trouble
parsing a ByeSttring which is a char (8bit word) buffer.

I'd recommend having a look at ParseP or happy/ alex .. if the binary
libraries aren't suited for your task..

But to get the fastest/ whatsoever solution you should wait for
different replies as I haven't used all those yet to parse binary data..

Sincerly
Marc Weber