[Haskell-cafe] Hints for Euler Problem 11

Lennart Augustsson lennart at augustsson.net
Fri Aug 17 04:33:26 EDT 2007

It's very hard to tell if it's worth it or not.  Concatenating constant
strings will turn the string into WHNF, which might enable some other
transformation.  By having lots of little transformations that on their own
look worthless you can make big improvements.
I'd like to see as much static evaluation as is practically possible.

And as a previous poster showed, ghc does concatenate strings.