[Haskell-cafe] Collada, FBX, XML schemas and Haskell?

Radosław Grzanka radoslawg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 03:00:11 EDT 2007

Hello,

2007/8/16, Peter Verswyvelen <bf3 at telenet.be>:
> I wanted to do some experiments with HOpenGL, and one of the things I tried is importing 3D models.
>
> So I searched for a library that could do that, but besides Frag, who uses the limited MD3 format, I did not find anything useful. Has any work been done on supporting that? Maybe just converting the 3D format into a series of HOpenGL calls (tools like that exists for C)?

Some time ago I tried to write 'importer' for (full) MD2 format and
then MD5 format from Id Software. I gathered quite a bit information
about it and it should not be very complicated to support these format
(especially MD2).

Unfortunatly I hadn't had time to do that plus I'm Haskell newbie but
importing and animating MD5 models in Haskell has such a appeal to me!

I really encourage you to browse through MD2 specification. It is
really straightforward and ready to be rendered "out-of-the-box".
http://tfc.duke.free.fr/old/models/md2.htm
Plus many 3D software have exporter to MD2.

Cheers,
  Radek.

--
Codeside: http://codeside.org/