[Haskell-cafe] Re: hyperlinked haskell 98 grammar

Peter Hercek peter at syncad.com
Thu Aug 16 15:35:33 EDT 2007

Hi Neil,

For haskell-cafe members: This is what we are talking about:
   http://www.hck.sk/users/peter/

I'm glad somebody liked it.

I do not understand what you mean by the extension request. Would you
want to see the number of references of a production head even without
opening the popup list box? If you meant that the pop-up list box should
always display all backward links directly (without a scroll bar) then
it would not work for a very big number of such links (in theory there
can be hundreds there). If you do not like the default of 5 then change
the nMaxRowCount "constant".  Anyway, if it is complicated to describe,
let it be. I do not expect to play with the java script code much.
Only the most trivial things have a chance to be implemented by me.
I have written the java script code few years ago and I do not really
like java script ... Just wanted to give back something to the community
- so I added the Haskell specific data.

As for as putting it on the Haskell org I do not mind if somebody else
  does it. Although I'm not that sure if it would require license change.
  If I would believe giving it into public domain would make more
  grammars browsable like this one then I would do it.

I do not really expect heavy loads. From my experience most language
  users never ever look at the grammar nor they care about it.
  And those who consult it a lot will take a local copy and tweak it
  anyway.

Looking at the munin server loads, looks like you and Esa are the only
  ones who actually checked it out :-D Anyway, sending this to haskell
  cafe too (as recommended). I expect a discussion (if any) will continue
  there. Sorry about GHC user list abuse.

Peter Hercek.