[Haskell-cafe] Pattern matching articles/explanations

Ian Duncan iand675 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 16:45:00 EDT 2007

Hello everyone, I've been working on improving my Haskell knowledge,
and in doing so, I have read a little about as-patterns as well as
some form of pattern that uses "~" that I don't really understand. I
suspect there are even more lesser-known pattern matching expressions
than just these, but I don't have the stamina to decode the Haskell
98 Report. Are there any articles anyone is aware of, or anything in
the Haskell wiki that covers the built-in pattern matching facilities
pretty comprehensively? I've looked in the Haskell wiki myself, but
information on different pattern matching abilities seems rather
scattered and I'm not entirely sure what I should be looking for.

Thanks,
	Ian Duncan