[Haskell-cafe] Monad explanation from a newbie to newbies having C# (or other OO) experience

Peter Verswyvelen bf3 at telenet.be
Tue Aug 14 15:17:54 EDT 2007

See attachment.

This is an early draft, but I’m afraid it will just be another tutorial that does not solve anything, so I’ll better throw it in the arena for review right now, so I don't waste more time ;-)

The idea of this tutorial is not explaining monads, bet getting to the monad concept step by step, and then finally in the end talking about the real monad abstraction.

Note that I’m a self-made man, so much of the terminology and even approach could be wrong (I learned it adhoc).

I also hardly have any Haskell experience (maybe 5 full days of writing example code now), but anyway, writing this tutorial was a good exercise.

To make things even worse I’m also not a native English speaker, so it will most likely be some kind of Belgian English (without the chocolate) ;)

So horror is coming your way!

Any feedback is welcome! ☺

Cheers,
Peter