[Haskell-cafe] Erlang-style concurrency

Kyle Consalus consalus at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 12:10:55 EDT 2007

In digest #69, Hugh Perkins mentioned the coolness of Erlang-style
message passing concurrency. It just so happened that I was playing
with that yesterday, so I figured I'd post a link to a 'ping-pong'
thing that I based on an example in the erlang tutorial. I figured
"Haskell has lightweight threads, higher order functions, and pattern
matching. No reason that with a little bit of STM and some monadic
convenience we can't do message passing."

It's really simplistic and doesn't parameterize message type (well,
not this version; that version is still in the works), but I thought
someone might find it amusing just the same.

http://hpaste.org/2174