[Haskell-cafe] Small question

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Fri Aug 10 03:39:16 EDT 2007

Possibly some, but less now because of pointer tagging (see paper on my home page) http://research.microsoft.com/~simonpj/papers/ptr-tag/index.htm.  We've never gotten around to unboxing enumeration types because we couldn't convince ourselves that the win was big enough.  My nose tells me there is probably a small win, but whether it's worth the additional complexity I'm not sure.