[Haskell-cafe] where to put handy functions?

Donald Bruce Stewart dons at cse.unsw.edu.au
Thu Aug 9 23:25:17 EDT 2007

rk:
> On 8/9/07, Chad Scherrer <chad.scherrer at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is there process for submitting functions for consideration for
> > inclusion into future versions of the standard libraries? For example,
> > I'd like to see this in Data.List:
>
> I imagine including it in std lib takes a while. Would it be a good
> idea to include it in MissingH http://software.complete.org/missingh
> in the mean time?

It is probably better not to stick everything in MissingH -- its too big
to be used easily. Smaller packages (say, Data.List.Extensions) make
more sense. However, getting ok for stuff in Data.List isn't too hard.
Just follow the libraries submission process:

    http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Library_submissions

Cheers,
  Don