[Haskell-cafe] Derivation of Eq given Ord

Andreas Marth Andreas-Haskell at gmx.net
Thu Aug 9 15:21:12 EDT 2007

I have to admit that I didn't test it before my first response.
But now I did and can verify that it in deed "it does relay an error from
deriving module to using [module/ghci]".
So if I don't do any comparisons on Ego everything succeeds.
If there is any comparision then ghc (6.6 in my case) returns the
appropriate error.

Still a bit strange for me, but now atleast I know it. :-)

Andreas