[Haskell-cafe] a regressive view of support for imperative programming in Haskell

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 01:34:19 EDT 2007

Hello Paul,

> we need).  On the other hand, if we give imperative programmers the
> tools to do all the things they are used to doing in C++, then we
> will be depriving them of the joys of programming in the Functional
> Way.  How many times have we seen responses to newbie posts along
> the lines of, "That's how you'd do it in C++, but in Haskell here's a better way...".

well, are you ever programmed real world application? i need such
design for using it in the cases when functional approach apply - and
of course, functional approach will be much nicer in these cases. it
is required for situations when i forced to write imperative program
due to some environment limitations

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com