[Haskell-cafe] Re: Navigating Haddock

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 06:01:26 EDT 2007

Hi

> > a) use hoogle (haskell.org/hoogle). You can use hoogle to find functions by types. But I don't
> > know haw to create a query such as ... -> Document -> ...
>
> Hoogle unfortunately doesn't do that very well, although that would be a
> great feature.

Wait for version 4 :-) - I've added _ 's for wildcard types, _ ->
Document -> _ would give you what you want. I've also  made it so a
search for "Document" can give you all the types which involve
document in any way.

> But I think that  Text.XML.HaXml  isn't indexed by Hoogle
> anyway?

Version 4 will be capable of indexing all of hackage, so hopefully
that can be done.

Thanks

Neil